AGU Civil Engineering program aims to:
- Produce graduates who are capable in the basics of engineering science, analytical and quantitative reasoning, and design in the context of civil engineering
- Emphasize innovative thinking and leadership in professional and social life
- Encourage team work and development of interpersonal skills,
- Teach the significance of ethical behavior in professional life,
- Produce graduates working in national and international organizations around the world addressing some of the most global issues of our times.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics and science on engineering problems.
- An ability to conduct civil engineering experiments and analyze and interpret the resulting data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process in civil engineering context.
- An ability to recognize, formulate and solve complex engineering problems.
- An ability to communicate efficiently.
- Ability to explain basic concepts in management, business, public policy, and leadership.
- An ability to act individually and to function in multi-national and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Knowledge on global and contemporary issues.
- An insight of ethical and professional responsibility.
- An ability to take part in life-long learning.